fun funky mushrooms in gouache for beginners
Welcome to Mini Mushrooms!
This is a mini class in gouache, where I take you through all the steps you will need to paint different kinds of mushrooms, before completing a finished piece (pictured above!)
Included in this course
- over 2.5 hours worth of video instruction (downloadable)
- photo references for you to download
- PDF's for each lesson taking you through the steps (downloadable so you can print them off)
You will get 4 complete lessons:
- In lesson 1 we paint four different mushrooms from photo references, and you will learn how to mix colours, layer your gouache and add detail.
- Lesson 2 takes this a bit further by painting two larger mushrooms with more detail to them!
- Lesson 3 is a quick and fun bonus video showing you how I paint some imaginary mushrooms using up the paint left over in my palette
- Finally, the last lesson will involve planning out a composition of fly agaric mushrooms, ferns and a moon and starry sky. You will learn how to combine gouache with watercolour to create a finished piece worthy of framing or gifting to a friend!
From these four lessons you will learn the skills to be able to apply painting gouache to other subject matter
This course is suitable for beginners or people wishing to revisit gouache for a refresher - or if you normally work in another medium and wish to try something new!
All for the price of only $50 !!!
*(plus VAT of your country)
To enrol go HERE
This course requires minimal materials too!
For the most part we use mainly:
- watercolour paper
- some watercolour pencils (not a requirement - you can substitute for a regular pencil)
- watercolour in indigo and turquoise (again this can be substituted for gouache)
- some opaque white, such as PH Martin Bleed proof white
and that is IT!!!
SUPER EASY AND FUN!!!
Learn cool art skills along the way!!
Hi there! I am an artist and art teacher living in the North East of Scotland. I have been teaching art to children for over 13 years and I also teach adult mixed media and monoprinting classes locally. I have taught in several online courses, including "Let's Face It" (with Kara Bullock), "Paint your Heart and Soul" (with Olga Furman) and "Lifebook" (with Tamara Laporte)
To date I have also launched two of my own online courses and am now migrating these over to the Teachable platform and look forward to making more!
Join my Facebook Group "Lucy's Art Lab" and join in the community!