If you have never tried watercolors before,
or want to brush up on your skills, then this is the class for you!
In this class we will be learning about :
- different brushstrokes
- how to do wet on wet, wet on dry, blending and glazing techniques
- using masking fluid
- more fun tricks and techniques to get interesting effects
- colour theory and mixing colours
- painting different leafy forms
- painting cute little animals using the techniques we have learnt
I shall talk you through initially the different tools you need to make your watercolor more successful, and then we will go step by step through four different projects
- a leafy experiment
- a white stag
- a sleeping squirrel
- and a galaxy polar bear
I will also provide you with a selection of PDFs and reference sheets to help take you through the lessons!
I will also be doing several more watercolor classes in the near future so this class is designed to give you the skills you need to be able to complete those classes. Because of this I shall be offering them in two ways: As single courses so you can jump in and join where you feel you skill level is, and as a bundle at reduced rate if you wish to take more than one. If you buy this course before the others are published you will be able to access the future watercolor classes at the reduced rate.
materials needed for this class: ( I shall go into this with more details and links in the classroom)
- a set of watercolors in your choice. I do not want you to feel you have to have the exact same ones as me but I will list in materials section the watercolors I have incase you want to match them
- watercolour paper (I use 140lb cold pressed either canson xl watercolour paper or arches)
- a watercolor journal is good for trying out ideas and experimenting
- a selection of brushes
- pencil, eraser
- masking fluid
- a selection of things for creating textures such as salt and cling film
- white acrylic ink, or white gouache, or copic opaque white
- wooden board and masking tape
Hi there! I am an artist and art teacher living in the North East of Scotland. I have been teaching art to children for over 13 years and I also teach adult mixed media and monoprinting classes locally. I have taught in several online courses, including "Let's Face It" (with Kara Bullock), "Paint your Heart and Soul" (with Olga Furman) and "Lifebook" (with Tamara Laporte)
To date I have also launched two of my own online courses and am now migrating these over to the Teachable platform and look forward to making more!
Join my Facebook Group "Lucy's Art Lab" and join in the community!