Let's Gel Digital
How to use your gelatin monoprints on the iPad
In this course you will learn how to make some simple prints on the gel plate. We will then learn how to photograph them and play around with them on various apps on the iPad to change their texture, colour etc.
Then the real fun begins! We shall take these into procreate and learn how to make whimsical images, portraits and repeat patterns!
I shall take you through the main features of procreate and other fun apps that you can use to change up your monoprints. You will learn how to combine these, and create stunning art that you can print, share online, or put onto products to sell!
We will be looking at:
- Making simple plant and stencil prints
- Photographing them correctly
- Using various apps to change the colour and look of them so they can be used multiple times in different ways
- Getting “elements” from your prints that you can use across many images
- Making a simple composition in procreate
- Adding in more elements for a “storytelling” image
- Using your gelli prints along with painting applications to make a portrait
- Taking it a step further with more complex compositions
- Making repeat patterns that you can use for fabric or paper designs
*Please note: you will need to have an iPad for this course!*
This course is for you if:
- You want to take your gelli prints to the next level
- You have a stack of half finished or “dud” gelli prints that you don’t know how to finish
- You have always wanted to know how to make illustrative images using the iPad
- You like playing with colour and multiple possibilities from a few images
Here are a few examples of the prints we shall be making…..
and we will be turning them into images such as this.....
HOW MUCH GELLI PRINTING IS INVOLVED? CAN I TAKE THIS COURSE IF I AM A BEGINNER?
there are two simple gelli printing videos, as the bulk of the content is about using these digitally. You can certainly jump in if you are a beginner to gelli printing as you do not need to produce “perfect” prints to use them on the iPad (infact, this is a great way of using prints that are less than perfect!) BUT I do not go into the basics of gelli printing (although I do keep these lessons simple) You could first acquaint yourself with the basics through YouTube or from my other course: Imprinted
DO I HAVE TO DO THE GELLI PRINTING PART?
NO! if you wanted you could use my techniques with other mixed media backgrounds or paintings. Of course, my techniques look the way they do because I use gelli prints but you could get very cool results if you use your paintings or abstract art instead.
CAN I SELL MY ART THAT I PRODUCE IN THE CLASS?
Yes of course! although I do ask that you refrain from selling any that are direct copies of my pieces please, as I sell them myself and that would breach copyright of my own art. I do ask that you kindly tag me or give me credit for any images that you post online that you do in the class. I would prefer if you didn’t sell multiples of class derived work (i.e. prints, cards, images printed on cushions etc) but if you use the course to take your art in its own direction than this is totally great! I encourage you to use the techniques you learn and try something new with it!
CAN I SHARE THE VIDEOS WITH OTHER PEOPLE?
No, sorry, the class is only for those who have purchased it. The classes within the course remain my property and should not be shared with others, or taught by you to others. I hope you appreciate that I have put a lot of time and effort into the class and cannot allow it to be shared.
Hi there! I am an artist and art teacher living in the North East of Scotland. I have been teaching art to children for over 13 years and I also teach adult mixed media and monoprinting classes locally. I have taught in several online courses, including "Let's Face It" (with Kara Bullock), "Paint your Heart and Soul" (with Olga Furman) and "Lifebook" (with Tamara Laporte)
To date I have also launched two of my own online courses and am now migrating these over to the Teachable platform and look forward to making more!
Join my Facebook Group "Lucy's Art Lab" and join in the community!